NC man found guilty of sexually assaulting 2 children gets probation, no jail time

FORSYTH COUNTY, N.C. (WGHP) — On Wednesday, a Forsyth County jury found 44-year-old Juan Carlos Trujillo-Reyna guilty of committing ten counts of indecent liberties with a child, according to a statement released by the office of Forsyth County District Attorney Jim O’Neill.

The state’s evidence showed that on Dec. 14, 2015, a woman told the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office her daughter had been sexually assaulted by the adult son of her daughter’s babysitter.


NC officer’s son home from hospital after 50 days on life support

The victim, who was eleven years old when she told her mother about the assault, said she would have been between four and five years old when she was assaulted.

The Winston-Salem Police Department continued the investigation when officers learned that the babysitter lived within the city limits at the time of the offenses.

Detective Robert Williams of the Special Victims Unit of the WSPD continued the investigation. He learned the name of the babysitter and the address of where the assault happened.

The victim described numerous incidents of inappropriate touching and described at least one time when the suspect exposed himself to her and tried to pull her into the bathroom with him.

Williams learned that the babysitter had four adult sons and based on the description the victim
gave, he believed the suspect to be Trujillo-Reyna.

On Aug. 14, 2019, the WSPD got a call about child sexual abuse.

The child’s pediatrician had reported that her patient had told her that when she was around four years old, she was sexually assaulted by a man named Carlos at her babysitter’s house.

Williams was assigned to the case and learned that this victim, who was fifteen now, attended the same daycare as the first victim.

Get crime updates in your inbox – Sign up for CBS 17’s Crime Tracker newsletter

He interviewed her, and she told him about numerous times the defendant would inappropriately touch her on different body parts and in different rooms of the house.

She also remembered the first victim being at the daycare and recalled seeing Trujillo-Reyna with the first victim.

Based on this information, Williams reopened the first victim’s case. The evidence connected the two cases and pointed to one person being the offender.

Williams contacted Trujillo-Reyna and interviewed him.

Trujillo-Reyna told Williams he lived at the address where the daycare had been located during the time the assaults were alleged to have happened.

His mother was the woman in charge of the daycare. He remembered there would be young children at his home.

The defendant said he didn’t interact with the children and said that when he got home from work at 4:30 p.m., he would come home and lock himself in his room.

Williams continued his investigation and determined that both girls were at the daycare in 2009 until they started kindergarten in Aug. 2009.

Trujillo-Reyna would have been 29 and 30 years old during the time the children were assaulted.

He was arrested for ten counts of taking indecent liberties with a child on Jan. 16, 2020.

The daycare is no longer open.

On Monday, the trial against the defendant began. After three days of the trial, the jury returned guilty verdicts on all ten counts against Trujillo-Reyna.

At a sentencing hearing, the State of North Carolina, which was represented by Assistant District
Attorney Emily Davis, asked the judge to sentence the defendant to consecutive sentences.

The Honorable Andy Hanford, of Alamance County, consolidated the offenses for judgment.

The judge sentenced the defendant to three years of supervised probation with no immediate period of incarceration.


Discover more from LockedIN Magazine

Subscribe to get the latest posts to your email.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.