Ospreys Win 6-3
UNF registered 11 hits, while three players had a multi-hit game.
– UNF advanced to a 6-0 all time record against NJIT.
– In four of the last five years, the Ospreys have won 20 or more games at home.
– UNF has won its last eight conference series.
– The Ospreys recorded their first ASUN sweep of the season… It was the first conference sweep since NJIT last season.
– UNF not lost a weekend series this season.
– Blake Voyles led the Ospreys going 3-for-3 with two runs and an RBI… Wesley Weeks went 3-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI… Mac Wilson hit 2-for-3 with two RBI.
– With three hits, Wesley Weeks owns the team’s longest current hit streak of 11 games… Patrick Ervin, who drew a walk in the game, has reached base in 11 straight games… Chris Berry has reached base in 34 of the 39 games this season.
HOW IT HAPPENED
– Matt Cocciadiferro singled to left field that drove home Alex Burman and started the scoring in the first inning… Weeks threw out Cody Kramer trying to score on the play.
– Blake Voyles scored on a wild pitched that leveled the score.
– Wilson doubled to the right side and scored Christian Diaz.
– Weeks doubled double the right field line before Voyles brought him home with a single to right field… Wilson scored Diaz for the second time of the game on a ground out… Voyles crossed home plate on an error.
– Burman recorded a doubled down the right field line that brought home Bryan Haberstroh… Burman scored on a ground out by Johnny Malatesta.
The Ospreys travel to Florida on Tuesday at 7 p.m. before returning home to host USF on Wednesday at 6 p.m.