Tampa Bay Rays Spring Training 2018: What You Need To Know
It’s Almost that time again. The smell of pine tar, hot dogs on the grill and your favorite team gearing up for Spring Training. In Central Florida, that means Tampa Bay Rays Baseball!
The Tampa Bay Rays will offer fans new value-laden ticket promotions and specials for spring training home games at Charlotte Sports Park. The Rays 2018 spring training season is presented by Visit Tampa Bay. Single-game tickets go on sale this Friday, January 19 at 10 a.m., exclusively through raysbaseball.com. Tickets will be available at the Charlotte Sports Park box office beginning Saturday, January 20 at 10 a.m.
Rays ticket specials offered throughout the spring training season include:
• Salute to Service presented by Suncoast Credit Union: Military, Teachers and First Responders can purchase Field Reserved and Baseline Reserved tickets to all Monday through Thursday home games for just $10. The offer will also be extended to include spring training Opening Day on Friday, February 23. Tickets will be avail- able exclusively online through raysbaseball.com/specials. Affiliation will be verified by ID.me, a third-party MLB approved verification service.
• $2 Hot Dogs presented by Kayem Franks: $2 hot dogs are available to all fans in attendance for all Tuesday home games.
• Senior Special presented by Parkside Assisted Living and Memory Cottage: Fans 60 years or older can purchase $15 Field Reserved and Baseline Reserved tickets for the games on Monday, February 26 and Wednesday, March 7.
• Sunday Kids Promotions: For all three Sunday home games, the first 500 kids 14 years and under will receive a promotional item upon entry.
• Exhibition Game at Tropicana Field: On Tuesday, March 27, the Rays will play an exhibition game at Tropicana Field at 12:35 p.m. against the Detroit Tigers. General admission tickets for this game will be available for $15.
Season Tickets: Spring training season tickets provide access to the best seat locations at the largest discount. Spring training season ticket holders receive additional benefits, including the opportunity to purchase discounted parking and merchandise, a Rays spring training season ticket holder T-shirt and hat and an exclusive event with Rays player(s) and/or coach(es) and staff. Season tickets for the 14 home spring training games scheduled to be played at Charlotte Sports Park start at just $258.
3-Game Packs: Fans can secure 2018 spring training tickets before single-game tickets go on sale to the general public by purchasing a spring training 3-game pack. 3-game packs offer a discount off single-game prices for most games and start at $51 per pack.
If you want to catch the Rays in the Tampa Bay area, here are some dates to consider: the Yankees host the Rays at 1:05 p.m. on March 4 and at 6:35 p.m. on March 19; the Rays visit the Phillies in Clearwater on March 10 and March 13, both 1:05 p.m. starts; the Rays play in Dunedin on March 22 against the Blue Jays; the Rays visit Sarasota to play the Orioles on Feb. 23 (split squad), March 20 (6:05 p.m. start) and March 23 (split squad).
The Rays will give away some promotional items during four spring training games in Port Charlotte. A Blake Snell bobblehead will be given to the first 1,000 fans for the first home game at Charlotte Sports Park on Feb. 23 versus the Pirates. A Chris Archer emoji pillow will be the giveaway to the first 500 kids (14 and younger) on March 11 versus the Twins. A Rays alarm clock will be the promotional item for the first 500 kids (14 and younger) on March 18 versus the Tigers. Swim goggles will be given to the first 500 kids (14 and younger) on March 25 versus the Yankees.
The spring training schedule will end with an exhibition game against the Detroit Tigers at Tropicana Field on Tuesday, March 27 at 12:35 p.m. Tickets for the Tigers game will be $15 general admission.